Thursday, April 9, 2015

My point

I loved being anonymous. So, when my hair fell out, because of Alopecia, when I was 14 years old I was really thrown for a loop. Not only was my body turning against me but I was pushed out into my community's spot light and I was forced to portray myself as someone I didn't believe I was.  This stripped away a budding personality of a young woman and replaced it was doubts and mistrust.

That was 14 years ago.  And I am still rebuilding what left with my hair.  I will be sharing some of my memories dealing with alopecia through those years and, hopefully, how it changed me for the better.  To become a strong feminist.

"Why is it that men can walk down the street public and no one questions him but when women walk down the street bald we are asked if we are going through chemo?"

It turned me into a flailing chameleon.

No comments:

Post a Comment